How can I defy my odds in life?
10 ways to beat the odds in life and become better
- Accept the situation itself. This is based on our inner being.
- Think ‘outside the box.
- Pray to the Almighty God.
- Be hopeful and determined in life.
- Refrain from dream killers.
- You have the potential.
- Learn from successful people in life.
What is a word for someone who defies the odds?
1 beard, brave, challenge, confront, contemn, dare, despise, disregard, face, flout, hurl defiance at, provoke, scorn, slight, spurn. 2 baffle, call (someone’s) bluff, defeat, elude, foil, frustrate, repel, repulse, resist, thwart, withstand. deify, defray, defrayal, deft.
What what does defy mean?
1 : to confront with assured power of resistance : disregard defy public opinion in trouble for defying a court order. 2 : to resist attempts at : withstand the paintings defy classification a decision that defies all logic. 3 : to challenge to do something considered impossible : dare defied us to name a better movie.
What does it mean to beat the odds?
Definition of beat the odds : to succeed despite not having a good chance of succeeding Most new restaurants fail, but this one somehow managed to beat the odds.
What is another word for beating the odds?
What is another word for against all odds?
|against the odds||defying the odds|
|against stiff competition||despite everything|
|despite resistance||despite setbacks|
How do you use Defy in a sentence?
Defy sentence example. I tried to defy them once. Algebra and geometry were the only studies that continued to defy my efforts to comprehend them. It was, however, the first attempt ever made to defy the papal bull.
What is an example of Defy?
To defy is defined as to work against or resist something. An example of to defy is to break a law by going on land that is posted with a no trespassing sign. To challenge or dare (someone) to do something. She defied her accusers to prove their charges.
What is the synonym of the word defy?
confront, disregard, elude, flout, ignore, mock, oppose, provoke, resist, ridicule, spurn, thwart, violate, withstand, baffle, beard, brave, contemn, dare, defeat.
What does beat the heat mean?
Definition of beat the heat : to remain cool in hot weather His favorite way of beating the heat is to have a couple of cold beers.
What does defy logic mean?
to lack sense or logic
Definition of defy logic : to lack sense or logic Her decision defies logic.
How do you defy someone?
verb (used with object), de·fied, de·fy·ing.
- to challenge the power of; resist boldly or openly: to defy parental authority.
- to offer effective resistance to: a fort that defies attack.
- to challenge (a person) to do something deemed impossible: They defied him to dive off the bridge.
How do you use defies in a sentence?
Defies sentence example
- Alex defies father now, but he will not win.
- His voice, with its extremely distinctive dark, rich timbre at any rate rather defies categorisation.
- Add to this nightmare scenario a one-way system that defies logic and you will have a vision of Hell.