How do I choose my startup disk on a Mac?
Change your startup disk for every startup
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Startup Disk . Open Startup Disk preferences for me. If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane.
- Click the icon of the disk you want to use, then click Restart.
How do I change my default startup disk?
Steps on How to Change System Boot Order
- Step 1: Enter your Computer’s BIOS set up utility.
- Step 2: Navigate to the boot order menu in BIOS.
- Step 3: Change the Boot Order.
- Step 4: Save your Changes.
How do I choose which partition to boot from?
How to Boot From a Different Partition
- Click “Start.” Video of the Day.
- Click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Administrative Tools.” From this folder, open the “System Configuration” icon. This will open the Microsoft System Configuration Utility (called MSCONFIG for short) on screen.
- Click the “Boot” tab.
- Restart your computer.
How do I start my Mac in recovery mode?
Reboot your Mac. Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R to force your Mac to boot into macOS Recovery Mode over the internet. This should boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
How do I get my Mac out of recovery mode?
How to Get Out of Recovery Mode
- Restart Your Mac.
- Create a New User Account.
- Reset Your PRAM and NVRAM.
- Reset the System Management Controller.
- Erase and Install OS X.
How do I choose my primary boot drive?
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. c. Select the option Boot Tab; from the boot tab list select the one that you want to set a default.
How do I designate my boot drive?
Here are the steps to make SSD the boot drive on windows 11/10:
- Restart PC and press F2/F12/Del keys to enter BIOS.
- Go to the boot option, change the boot order, setting OS to boot from the new SSD.
- Save the changes, exit BIOS, and restart the PC. Wait patiently to let the computer boot up.
How do I boot to a specific drive?
From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from, such as a USB drive, DVD, or network boot.
How do I boot from internal hard drive?
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- Select “Boot” or “Advanced BIOS Features” using the arrow keys.
- Select “Hard Disk Boot Priority,” “Hard Drive Order,” “HDD Boot Priority” or similar option, if available.
- Select the secondary hard drive and press “Enter,” or press “+” to move the device to the top of the list.
How do I boot into recovery mode?
Press and hold down the Volume Down button and keep holding it, then press and hold the Power button as well for a few seconds, and let go when you see the Android mascot on its back on screen. Use the Volume Down button to cycle through the options until you find Recovery mode and press the Power button to load it.
How do I reinstall OSX if recovery won’t work?
How to use Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS (Intel Macs)
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.