What is a synonym for esteem?
Some common synonyms of esteem are admire, regard, and respect. While all these words mean “to recognize the worth of a person or thing,” esteem implies greater warmth of feeling accompanying a high valuation.
What is the best definition of esteem?
Definition of esteem (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : the regard in which one is held especially : high regard the esteem we all feel for her. 2 archaic : worth, value. 3 archaic : opinion, judgment. esteem.
What are synonyms for self-esteem?
Synonyms & Antonyms of self-esteem
What is high esteem synonym?
nounhigh opinion of something. admiration. adoration. apotheosis. approbation.
What is the antonym and synonym of esteem?
esteem. Synonyms: price, value, consider, deem, judge, believe, estimate, think, regard, affect, appreciate, revere, honor, respect, admire, venerate, prize, love, like. Antonyms: disregard, disconsider, disaffect, dislike, undervalue, underrate, decry, depreciate.
How do you use the word esteem?
Esteem in a Sentence 🔉
- Having set the world record for fastest mile time, the man received the esteem of his fellow runners.
- The elder was treated with the highest level of esteem.
- Having learned so much from his father, the boy regarded him with the utmost esteem.
What is a example of esteem?
An example of esteem is the worth of a president who everyone likes. To esteem is defined as to respect, have regard for or admire something. An example of esteem is to think very highly of a smart person.
What is a synonym for low self-esteem?
synonyms for in low esteem contemptible. despicable. shady. shameful.
What’s a synonym for unconfident?
distrustful. dubious. fluctuant. fly-by-night. hesitant.
How do you use esteem in a sentence?
Esteem sentence example
- Well, I don’t esteem you the less for it.
- Here he was held in high esteem , and in 1715 became Primarius of his faculty and member of the Consistory.
- For a good self esteem , it requires a general feeling of healthy confidence.
Which of the following is an antonym for esteem?
What is the opposite of esteem?