How do I find the results of a court case?

How do I find the results of a court case?

How to search

  1. Select the ‘Search online’ button.
  2. Log in to the NSW Online Registry, or create your account.
  3. Follow the prompts to search for a case.
  4. Select the relevant case and the appropriate tab to view different types of information.
  5. If you cannot find your case, select the ‘Find your case’ button.

How do I find local court records?

There are three ways to look at court records:

  1. Go to the courthouse and ask to look at paper records.
  2. Go to the courthouse and look at electronic court records.
  3. If your court offers it, look at electronic records over the internet. This is called “remote access.”

What sentences can a magistrates court impose?

Magistrates have sentencing powers that allow them to impose a range of sentences, including unlimited fines, bans, community orders and up to 12 months’ custody, depending on the offence.

How do I find county court Judgements?

You can get a copy of your credit report from a credit reference agency to see if you have a CCJ against you. You’ll have to pay a small fee for the report. It’s a good idea to check your credit report regularly to make sure your information is up to date.

What is case record?

B. “Case Records” are (1) documents for any case filed with, accepted and maintained by a court or custodian; (2) dockets, indices, and documents (such as orders, opinions, judgments, decrees) for any case created and maintained by a court or custodian.

Are local court decisions published?

The Local Court publishes a small selection of judgments that provide interpretations of legislation and legal principles relevant to criminal, civil and other matters determined in the Local Court.

What Offences go to magistrates court?

A magistrates’ court normally handles cases known as ‘summary offences’, for example:

  • most motoring offences.
  • minor criminal damage.
  • common assault (not causing significant injury)

How long can Magistrates Court sentence you?

If the case is to be dealt within a magistrates’ court, the defendant(s) are asked to enter a plea. If they plead guilty or are later found to be guilty, the magistrates can impose a sentence, generally of up to six months’ imprisonment for a single offence (12 months in total), or a fine of an unlimited amount.