What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
|1||she had a nightmare||I was sleeping|
|2||I went shopping||I forgot my shopping list|
|3||she kept running||my sister was exhausted|
|4||I am always late||I don’t have a watch|
|5||I am scared of dogs||I was attacked by a dog|
What are the 10 compounds?
List of Chemical Compounds and their uses
- Calcium Carbonate.
- Sodium Chloride.
- Potassium Tartrate.
- Baking soda.
- Acetic Acid.
What is the purpose of complex sentences?
Complex sentences join an independent clause with a dependent clause. These sentences are used to show a particular kind of relationship—usually a stronger idea joined to a weaker idea, or a controlling idea joined to a secondary, less important idea.
What are the chemicals used in daily life?
List of Chemicals used in daily life
|S:No||Common name of the Chemical||Molecular Formula and IUPAC name|
|3||Detergent||Sodium sulphate, sodium hydroxide and phosphatecompounds|
|4||Toothpaste||Calciuym carbonate, sodium flouride|
|5||Salt||NaCl; Sodium Chloride|
|6||Vinegar||C2H4O2 acetic acid, ethanoic acid|
What do complex sentences add to stories?
- Complex sentences can slow pace to enmesh readers in a situation.
- Complex sentences can sweep readers up in intense, complex, extended emotion.
- Complex sentences can convey the climax, the peak of emotion, action, and excitement in a passage.
What are 2 differences between elements and compounds?
A compound contains atoms of different elements chemically combined together in a fixed ratio. An element is a pure chemical substance made of same type of atom. Elements that compose the compound are chemically combined. Elements contain only one type of atom.
What is the difference between simple compound and complex sentences?
A simple sentence consists of only one clause. A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause. Sentence 4 is compound-complex (also known as complex-compound).
How do you form complex sentences?
A complex sentence is formed by adding one or more subordinate (dependent) clauses to the main (independent) clause using conjunctions and/or relative pronouns. A clause is a simple sentence. Simple sentences contain only one clause (verb group). Complex sentences contain more than one clause (verb group).
What is simple compound and complex sentences with examples?
^This is also a compound sentence that uses a conjunction to separate two individual clauses. – A complex sentence is an independent clause joined by one or more dependent clauses. A dependent clause either lacks a subject or a verb or has both a subject and a verb that does not express a complete thought.
What is the importance of elements and compounds in our daily life?
1. Note that most living matter consists primarily of the so-called bulk elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and sulfur—the building blocks of the compounds that constitute our organs and muscles. These five elements also constitute the bulk of our diet; tens of grams per day are required for humans.
What is the effect of a compound complex sentence?
Writing compound-complex sentences allows you a great deal of flexibility to explain how, why or when something happened. It’s important to understand which parts of the sentence are independent clauses and which are dependent clauses so that you can punctuate it correctly and avoid writing a run-on sentence.
What are the 4 types of compounds?
Types of Compounds
- Metal + Nonmetal —> ionic compound (usually)
- Metal + Polyatomic ion —> ionic compound (usually)
- Nonmetal + Nonmetal —> covalent compound (usually)
- Hydrogen + Nonmetal —> covalent compound (usually)
What are 5 examples of a compound?
- Water – Formula: H2O = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Formula: H2O2 = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen2
- Salt – Formula: NaCl = Sodium + Chlorine.
- Baking Soda – Formula: NaHCO3 = Sodium + Hydrogen + Carbon + Oxygen3
- Octane – Formula: C8H18 = Carbon8 + Hydrogen18
What are 10 examples of complex sentence?
10 Complex Sentences in English
- Although my friends begged me, I chose not to go to the reunion.
- Many people enjoyed the movie; however, Alex did not.
- Although the farmer is ready, the ground is still too wet to plow.
- If the ozone layer collapses, the global community will suffer.
- Although I’m not very good, I really enjoy playing football.
What does complex sentence mean in reading?
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. An independent clause can stand alone as a sentence, but a dependent clause even though it has a subject and a verb cannot stand alone. Here are some examples of complex sentences.
What is a compound sentence and give examples?
A compound sentence is a sentence that has at least two independent clauses joined by a comma, semicolon or conjunction. An example of a compound sentence is, ‘This house is too expensive, and that house is too small.
What is a real life example of a compound?
Table salt is a chemical compound made by one atom of sodium and one atom of chlorine, held together by an ionic bond. Almost 96-99% content of table salt is NaCl, rest 1-4% are impurities or other chemical compounds added to it.
What is compound and give 5 examples?
Examples of some commonly used compounds and their molecular formula:
|Compound Name||Compound Formula|
Is an example of an elements and is an example of a compound?
Elements, mixtures and compounds Common examples include carbon, sulfur, oxygen, iron, copper, aluminium. Elements are represented by symbols. Compounds are substances made from atoms of different elements joined by chemical bonds. Common examples are water (H2O), salt (sodium chloride, NaCl), methane (CH4).
What is the difference between elements and compounds examples?
An element is a substance that is made entirely from one type of atom. A compound is a substance made from two or more different elements that have been chemically joined. Some examples of compounds are water (H2O), table salt (NaCl), table sugar (C12H22O11) and chalk (CaCO3).