What is w3wp exe?
What is w3wp.exe? The genuine w3wp.exe file is a software component of Internet Information Services by Microsoft Corporation. If “w3wp.exe” is present on a system and is located in “C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv”, then it is the “worker process” within Microsoft’s Internet Information Services (IIS) web server.
What is w3wp exe crash?
Normally, when there is an error in the Event Viewer saying that w3wp.exe has crashed, this means that your application pool has crashed. So, by extension, anything running on IIS will stop working.
How do I start w3wp exe?
Open Visual Studio in Administrator Mode, then Debug -> attach to process -> tick the check box “Show processes from all user”, select w3wp.exe.
How do I stop w3wp exe?
Nathon Dalton’s Blog
- Open a command prompt via whatever means your version of Windows requires. Click on Start -> Run -> Type “CMD” -> Click OK. Click on Start -> Type “CMD” in Textbox -> Press Enter. Etc.
- At the command prompt type “taskkill /IM w3wp.exe /F”.
- Press Enter.
Why is w3wp exe high CPU usage?
Increase in Web Traffic Causing IIS Worker Process High CPU. One of the simplest explanations for w3wp.exe high CPU usage is an increase in web traffic. However, if you don’t have any baseline for what your normal volume of traffic is, it can be hard to know if traffic has increased.
How do I check w3wp process?
Open IIS manager and on the left side click on the name of your computer. You will then see a similar list of icons on the right as shown in the screenshot below. Double click on “Worker Processes” and you can get a list of which processes are currently running.
How do I open a w3wp dump file?
Click Start, click Run, type the path of the Debug Diagnostics Tool, and then click OK. On the Advanced Analysis tab, click Add Data Files. Locate and then click the dump file that you want to analyze. Click Open.
How do I get IIS crash dump?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type the path of the Debug Diagnostics tool, and then click OK. Note By default, the Debug Diagnostics tool is located in the C:\Program Files\DebugDiag folder.
- On the Tools menu, click Create IIS/COM+ Hang Dump.
How do I reduce IIS worker CPU usage?
If the IIS worker process has high CPU usage, and the server is completely overloaded (>= 95% and/or processor queue length 10+), optimize the application code to reduce CPU impact on the server.
What is w3wp exe high memory?
In this scenario, the memory usage for the W3wp.exe worker process of Internet Information Services (IIS) increases. When the memory usage increases to a high value, you have to manually recycle the IIS application pool that the Commerce Server site runs.
How do I debug an IIS issue?
How do I analyze a IIS dump?
You can use the Debug Diagnostics Tool to capture and to analyze memory dump files when IIS processes client requests.
- Step 1: Download and then install the Debug Diagnostics Tool v1.2.
- Step 2: Configure Performance Monitor logging.
- Step 3: Disable Debug Exception Catching.
- Step 4: Create a dump file.