What to do if you are upstairs during an earthquake?
Drop, Cover and Hold under a desk or table. If there’s no table around, find the nearest safe place beside an inside wall or lower than furnishings. If outside and in an open area, sit down and cover your head with your arms. If in “the danger zone”, next to building, try to get back into the building for shelter.
What should I pack in my earthquake bag?
Basic Disaster Supplies Kit
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.
- Extra batteries.
- Whistle (to signal for help)
How do you survive an earthquake in an apartment?
If you are indoors: “DROP, COVER AND HOLD ON” Stay inside. Drop under heavy furniture such as a table, desk, bed or any solid furniture. Cover your head and torso to prevent being hit by falling objects. Hold on to the object that you are under so that you remain covered.
Where is the safest place to be during an earthquake?
Stay Safe During an Earthquake
- DROP down onto your hands and knees before the earthquake knocks you down.
- COVER your head and neck (and your entire body if possible) underneath a sturdy table or desk.
- HOLD ON to your shelter (or to your head and neck) until the shaking stops.
What are the 5 largest earthquakes ever recorded?
10 biggest earthquakes in recorded history
- Valdivia, Chile, 22 May 1960 (9.5)
- Prince William Sound, Alaska, 28 March 1964 (9.2)
- Sumatra, Indonesia, 26 December 2004 (9.1)
- Sendai, Japan, 11 March 2011 (9.0)
- Kamchatka, Russia, 4 November 1952 (9.0)
- Bio-bio, Chile, 27 February 2010 (8.8)
What is the safest geological place on earth?
Here is a list of those five safest places on earth.
- Istanbul’s Earthquake-Safe Airport. 2010 has been the year of the earthquake.
- Bahnhof’s Underground Data Center.
- The Terror-Proof 7 World Trade Center.
- The Svalsgaard Doomsday Seed Vault.
- Fort Knox.