What was the best selling book of the 1990s?
20 Bestsellers Published in the 1990s
- Girl with a Pearl Earring. by Tracy Chevalier.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary. by Helen Fielding.
- The Secret History. by Donna Tartt.
- Jurassic Park. by Michael Crichton.
- We Were the Mulvaneys. by Joyce Carol Oates.
- American Pastoral. by Philip Roth.
- All the Pretty Horses. by Cormac McCarthy.
Who was the best selling author of the 1990s?
Catherine Cookson sold 14.5million books during the last decade according to a Bookwatch survey on the top-selling author of the 1990’s.
What book was number one in 1999?
This is a list of adult fiction books that topped The New York Times Fiction Best Seller list in 1999….The New York Times Fiction Best Sellers of 1999.
|June 6||Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace||Terry Brooks|
|June 20||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||J. K. Rowling|
|June 27||Hannibal||Thomas Harris|
What is the #1 book of all time?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
|4||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Rowling, J.K.|
What books came out 1989?
- Hanan al-Shaykh – Women of Sand and Myrrh (Misk al–ghazal)
- Martin Amis – London Fields.
- Piers Anthony – Total Recall.
- Iain Banks – Canal Dreams.
- John Banville – The Book of Evidence.
- Clive Barker – The Great and Secret Show.
- Julian Barnes – A History of the World in 10½ Chapters.
- Thomas Berger – Changing the Past.
Who is the top selling author of all time?
Heralded as the Queen of Mystery, Agatha Christie is the best-selling novelist of all time, outsold only by Shakespeare and the Bible. According to a recent study conducted by Harper Collins, Christie has sold more than 1 billion copies in the English language alone.
What books came out 2009?
Best Sellers in Books for 2009
- #1. The Lost Symbol. Dan Brown.
- #2. The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity. William P.
- #3. Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto. Mark R.
- #4. Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
- #5. Going Rogue: An American Life.
- #6. StrengthsFinder 2.0.
- #7. The Help.
- #8. New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
What was the most read book in 1965?
This is a list of adult fiction books that topped The New York Times Fiction Best Seller list in 1965. Only three titles topped the list in 1965….The New York Times Fiction Best Sellers of 1965.
|December 26||The Source||James Michener|
What is the 2nd most selling book of all time?
25 Best-Selling Books of All-Time
- #1 – Don Quixote (500 million copies sold)
- #2 – A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold)
- #3 – The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold)
- #4 – The Little Prince (142 million copies sold)
- #5 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold)
What is the 2nd most sold book in the world?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
What is the book 1984 summary?
The book is set in 1984 in Oceania, one of three perpetually warring totalitarian states (the other two are Eurasia and Eastasia). Oceania is governed by the all-controlling Party, which has brainwashed the population into unthinking obedience to its leader, Big Brother.