Why is Google defaulting to the wrong country?
On a desktop, you can find the Settings option in the bottom right corner of the screen. Next, click on the Search Settings. On the Settings page, look for the heading that says Region for Search Results. Choose the region you like from the drop-down menu and tap Save to change Google Search location.
Why does my Google think I’m in another country?
This can be just a browser error, and to check that, we advise trying out a different web browser. In some instances, the issue can be related to cache, and you just need to clean it to fix the problem. If a certain website thinks you’re in a different country, adjusting your location settings should fix the problem.
How do I disable regional Google?
On Chrome, open Google.com, open the hamburger menu, and click on the Settings option. Now scroll down to the bottom and open the drop-down menu under “Region for Search Results”. By default it is set to “Current Region”, you can change that to any English speaking country like the United States or the United Kingdom.
How do I change my default Google country?
Change your Google Play country
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings General Account and device preferences.
- Tap the country where you want to add an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for that country.
How do I change my Google Search country?
On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want. Click Setup, and then click the Basics tab. In the Region section, select your desired country or region from the list.
How do I change the Google Search country?
On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want. Click Setup, and then click the Basics tab. In the Region section, select your desired country or region from the list. (Optional) If you want to restrict search results exclusively to the selected region, switch the restrict button to ON.
How do I change my local news location on Google News?
Change your location in Google News
- Open the Google News main page on your device.
- Select Settings in the left menu.
- Select Language and Region to change your location.
- Type your language or region name into the search bar and search.
- Choose from the list then click on Update.
How do I remove regional language suggestions from Chrome?
How to remove a language in Google Chrome?
- Step one: At the bottom right, select the time.
- Step two: Select Settings Settings and then Advanced.
- Step three: In the “Languages and input” section, select Language.
- Step four: Next to the language you want to remove, select More and then Remove.
How do I stop a website from redirecting to another country?
Click the three dots in the top right corner of the Chrome window and choose Settings. Choose Privacy and Security from the options on the left of the screen and select Site Settings. On the screen is an option called Pop-ups and redirects, which should be set to Blocked.